Saturday 20 April 2013

Game of Thrones - Are you an addict?

With Game of Thrones in it's third season, I thought it was time to catch up on the craze. Already halfway through season two and can admit that I'm an addict. Blood, gore and mind games aren't my usual viewing choice, but the costumes and sets are amazing. I was able to bag myself tickets for the exhibition world tour in June, and can't wait to claim the Iron Throne for myself. If you are also a fan, check out jointherealm.com to make your own crest. I chose the squid as it has eight arms, as I can always do with an extra set of hands, and changed the Greyjoy motto from 'We Do Not Sow', to 'We Do Nothing But Sew'.

After a shifty through etsy's most talented, I have found some great Game of Thrones themed items. Here are my top picks for each house.

House Greyjoy - this hand carved slate octopus can be used as a wall hanging, but I prefer the idea of having it as a placemat. She makes them in all of the house emblems, so why not have a different one for each setting (and maybe an iron throne at the top of your table?)

House Stark - impress at dinner parties and be leader of the pack with this ornate wolf bottle stopper.

House Lannister - for the die-hard fan, this wall transfer certainly stands out and will have your guests talking. Available in all houses and a variety of colours.

House Targaryen - this adorable dragon coat hook is set in bronze and would make the perfect accessory for your home. Octopus also available.

House Baratheon - love the effect without the gore factor, this environmentally friendly stag's head would look great in a hallway or dining room.

All of this research has inspired me to create my own range of Game of Thrones cushions, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment